Stroller Strides is FIT4MOM's original and signature program. The concept is simple: moms take part in a class with their babies safely strapped in the stroller, with a workout that's not only designed with her postpartum body and role as a mom in mind, but also weaves in songs and elements to help keep little ones content while mom gets this hour to herself. It's an opportunity to get in a great workout, not have to worry about childcare, AND meet a village of other local moms!
Each Stroller Strides class mixes in intervals of strength work using resistance tubing and body weight, core work, and power walking/jogging. Classes are taught by certified fitness instructors with specialty training in the pre and postnatal body. Workouts are structured to accommodate different levels of exercise, and offer an opportunity to work hard whether this is your first postpartum workout or if you've been with us for years. This is more than just a walk around the lake, so make sure to leave your coffee at home!
Wallingford/Greenlake M/W/F 9:30
FIT4MOM Seattle Studio T/Th 10:15more
Stroller Strides may be the heart of FIT4MOM, but Body Back is really it's soul. This kid-free, HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) style workout not only challenges you physically, but our Transformation program is designed to empower and encourage women from the inside out. Our 8 week program is based on 2 principles: killer workouts, and working toward balanced, whole-food diets. There's no shakes, no weird supplements or patches. We can't promise you a secret formula because there isn't one. Instead, we're going to challenge and support you because we already know in our bones that you are capable of amazing things.
- These are high impact, HIIT workouts. You're going to work hard, and you're going to sweat. What's HIIT? It means, you alternate between intervals of high intensity work with recovery intervals. You're cranking up your heartrate and working hard, and getting your body into that optimal calorie burning mode. Oh yeah, and those "recovery intervals"? That's when we strength train, so you're getting the full package!
- This program is indeed friendly to breastfeeding moms.
- Body Back is KID FREE. Take this hour for you! And because it's kid free, class times are either early morning or late evening, so this can accomodate our working moms too.
- Each 8 week program focuses on different themes and challenges. Some are physical, some are behavioral, and some are mental.
- We do have an amazing Body Back Recipe Guide, though we don't do a strict meal plan. We want you to learn solid, healthy habits that will last you WAY beyond the 8 weeks.
- Each session meets twice weekly. If you miss a day, we encourage you to make it up at one of the other days/times. Just make sure that you make it up within those 8 weeks!
- Body Back Transformation includes: Before/After Assessments; a private Facebook group; Recipe Guide; Support; F U N!
Have you always dreamed of crossing the finish line of a race, but aren't sure where to start? Are you unsure of how to get back into running after having a baby? Our Running Club is a great way to start! It is intended for all levels of experience and speeds - EVERYONE is welcome!
Each Run Club session provides the following:
- A weekly training plan, that will periodize your training so you build up your mileage gradually, with a 5K, 10K, and half marathon option
- Informative talks on running related subjects, such as: proper form; hydration/fuel; shoes; stretching; injury prevention
- A private, closed Facebook group for all participants
- Weekly Saturday group runs
- Don't forget, kids in strollers are welcome!
Fitness for two! Are you expecting? Fit4Baby is our prenatal workout! Taught by prenatal certified instructors, this class is specifically designed for pregnant moms. All exercises are carefully selected to prepare your body for the many changes you will experience during pregnancy. You can begin FIT4BABY at any point during pregnancy as the workouts are scientifically- based, purposeful and designed to accommodate your changing body. The 60-minute workout includes cardio, strength, balance, and flexibility training and ends with a relaxing meditation; everything you need during this precious time!more